Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
tacioandrade
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tácio Andrade

Extra information to improve email logging

Post by tacioandrade »

Hello friends, I have an idea to improve the Veeam Agent for Linux logs, to get the standard Veeam Endpoint Backup email html and try to port it to Linux, I am slowly getting it, but some information I am not finding Use of commands:

Veeamconfig session log
Veeamconfig session info

I wonder if anyone knows where I can get Veeam Agent for Linux information from Size, Read, Transferred and Details to leave the pro-mail report as close to the Windows version as possible.

Here is the template I want to use for the report, the format is still in HTML, but taking the information above, the rest I have already been able to replace via shell script.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely, Tácio Andrade.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Extra information to improve email logging

Post by nielsengelen »

You could parse the info from veeamconfig session info --id <ID> and put it in the Details field. However if you send your backups to a Veeam Backup & Replication repository you can let the mailing be done via VBR.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows where I can get Veeam Agent for Linux information from Size, Read, Transferred and Details to leave the pro-mail report as close to the Windows version as possible.
That info is kept in sqlite database located in /var/lib/veeam/veeam_db.sqlite.

Thanks
tacioandrade
Enthusiast

Post by tacioandrade »

vmniels wrote:You could parse the info from veeamconfig session info --id <ID> and put it in the Details field. However if you send your backups to a Veeam Backup & Replication repository you can let the mailing be done via VBR.
Thank you, but there was no data requested, such as Total Size, Transferred and Details.

Thank you very much. =)

tacioandrade
Enthusiast

Post by tacioandrade »

PTide wrote:Hi,

That info is kept in sqlite database located in /var/lib/veeam/veeam_db.sqlite.

Thanks
Perfect looking straight into the database is much simpler, thanks for the tip, during the week I'll test in my lab. =D