Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
JohnGG
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: John G

Error: Can't delete replica when it is being processed.

Post by JohnGG »

Gday all, i removed a VM from the target host (The one which replicates to) and it sat there at 95% for 4 days.
I did some reading and every one suggested rebooting which i did and the Remove Entity being stuck at 95% went away.
However, now i can not re-add that to my replication group along with the other servers because it keeps saying "Error: Can't delete replica when it is being processed. "

I have removed it from the replication group and did a full replication, that worked fine, then when i re-add it it fails.

Any ideas what to do now? I have rebooted the Veeam server and just upgraded to 9.5 but still this issue remains, there is also no files on the data store so it has be buggered why this wont re-add.
JohnGG
Enthusiast

Re: Error: Can't delete replica when it is being processed.

Post by JohnGG »

I have created a new replication job and it appears to be workign just fine so im hoping to finish this, re-add the server to the other job and i hope it all works lol.
JohnGG
Enthusiast

Post by JohnGG »

Ok i created the new job and it replicated just fine but now the old job with the other servers still fails on the one server, all the others replicate just fine.
i guess i will have to completely delete that replication job and start again hey, this appears to be a veeam issue.

Is there any where im not looking that makes veeam think its still being used when its not?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

John,

It might be best that you contact our support department and let them help you. They might have an easy way of removing some references that are left in the database or something similar.

Please post the support case ID here and the follow-up after that also for further reference for the community

Thanks
Mike
JohnGG
Enthusiast

Post by JohnGG »

No worries mate, i found a solution anyway. I created the enw job and have that starting after the other servers have finished.
I also found that in the Ready section, it was still listed so i removed that server from there but it still failed.

Anyway i have it working for now and we might be relocating the replicating host (Target Host) soon and from what i have read, you have to start from scratch anyway or this not true!