Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
adapterer
Expert
Liked: 46 times

Scripted Authoritative Restore For Replica

Post by adapterer »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has scripted the authoritative restore for a DC in a DR environment? https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-recov ... ction.html- Veeam I think you do this for SureBackup/Replica?

Would be great to have this 100% automated rather than requiring manual intervention.

Note I am aware that this will not work for recovery into an environment with other DC's, more for a 'full site failover' scenario. :)

I imagine the script would just need to set two registry keys as a pre-replica script, run the replica job, then revert the keys after replica as a post-replica script.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Scripted Authoritative Restore For Replica

Post by veremin »

Veeam I think you do this for SureBackup/Replica?
Correct.
I imagine the script would just need to set two registry keys as a pre-replica script, run the replica job, then revert the keys after replica as a post-replica script.
Wouldn't it better to have those scripts as post failover plan actions (set pair of regkeys, restart VM)? The idea here is to avoid setting regkeys on running mission critical VMs.
adapterer
Expert

Post by adapterer »

That sounds like a much better idea! :lol: How would this work for a CC environment though, where presumably myself as a SP does not have a logon to the client's server?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

That works even better for cloud scenario, because for cloud failover plans scripts have to be specified on SP's side, not on tenant's one! :)
adapterer
Expert

Post by adapterer »

What about permissions though? Would the client have to hand over some credentials?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Correct, registry modifications would require guest credentials.