Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mikeylikesit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Cooper

Tape Library Inventory Email Notification (Feature Request)

Post by mikeylikesit »

I recently began using the tape functionality built into Veeam Backup and Replication v9. Prior to that I used Backup Exec to backup my Veeam backup files.

I created a Power Shell script to kick off a tape library inventory job that I scheduled to run every day. I have e-mail notifications (success, warning, failure) enabled, but I don't receive any emails on the results of my inventory job.

This seems to be basic functionality that the software is lacking. I need to know the status of my inventory job without logging into the server. I would apprecaite it if that could be incorporated into a future feature release.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. My tech support case is 01710021. Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape Library Inventory Email Notification (Feature Reque

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Mike,

Thanks for sharing the request – we will discuss it with the team!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Since you're inventorying a library via PowerShell, you can assign inventory session to a variable, pass it to Get-VBRSession commandlet, once the inventory is finished, and then generate and send email containing the result of this session. Thanks.
dmwynne
Influencer
Liked: never

[MERGED] Send email after tape inventory

Post by dmwynne »

I have a scheduled task to run a tape inventory. How can I add a send email after the inventory runs.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please check the PowerSHell workaround suggested by Vladimir and thank you for feature request!

Thank you.