Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
abelfv
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: abelfv

SQL Restore Application Items Failed

Post by abelfv »

Hi everyboy,

We've just change our backup solution to Veeam. At this moment I'm in testing phase and I'm finding a problem to use Application Item Restore for SQL Server.
Firstable let me say that I've followed all the best practices and guides that Veeam provides (but probably I've missed something).

The SQL Server that I'm trying to restore is placed in DMZ, but all the specified ports are open in our firewalls following this post :

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

Let me put you in situation :
- I can restore the hole VM hosting SQL Server
- I can restore any file in the filesystem not related directly with SQL Server
- When I try to restore a database of the SQL Server instance I have an error message saying "Network path not found"

Can anyone help me to troobleshoot this please ?

Thanks in advance
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SQL Restore Application Items Failed

Post by foggy »

You're restoring to the original server, right? In any case, it is always recommended to contact support with technical issues like this one.
abelfv
Novice

Post by abelfv »

Yes, i'm restoring to the orignal server.

I'll contact support, but anyway if anyone have an idea of a possible solution i'll take it.

Once i'll have the solution i'll post it here, it could be useful to someone esle
abelfv
Novice

Post by abelfv » 1 person likes this post

OK, finally after few days dealing with this, and thanks to Veeam Support (they are really nice !!), I've solved the problem.

Application Restore Item was not working because Veeam was not able to mount the backup in the configured server repository. We've change the mount server to another of Veeam farm and everything is working properly.

What is really fun, is that both servers (the one used initially and the one working well now) have the same security options and configuration at the System Level.

But this is another problem for tomorrow.

I hope that it helps anyone.