Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
archibaldicus
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stijn Mahieu

Dell EMC Unity Integration? Case 02092907

Post by archibaldicus »

Hello,

We are backing up some VMWare NFS datastores residing on EMC VNXe and Dell EMC Unity 300 storage systems. Our Veeam version is 9.5 Update 1. The VNXe integration runs as smooth as silk ;-) However, we are having issues with our Dell EMC Unity 300 systems when trying to perform a restore operation (entire VM or FLR) from a storage snapshot. Veeam correcly shows the storage snapshots and the VM's it contains. However, when starting the restore operatoin, Veeam tries to mount a temporary NFS datastore and then fails saying "Adding NFS datastore /Veeam_xxxxxx to host esxihost Error: Unable to create datastore Veeam_xxxxxxx on host 10.x.x.x, because it already exists." In Vsphere, I get an error saying "Create NAS datastore - The specified key, name, or identifier '/vmfs/volumes/02cb60ac-0-e504b5b' already exists. When I enable SSH on the host and go to '/vmfs/volumes/02cb60ac-0-e504b5b', the path does not exist.
I have opened case 02092907 @ Veeam support, but so far, I didn't get any useful hints, apart from the confirmation that the Unity systems and the firmware they're running on should integrate with Veeam 9.5 Update 1.
I don't know if this a VMWare or Veeam issue. I guess there's some issues with Unity storage integration in Veeam. Has anyone bumped into this issue yet?

Regards,

Stijn
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Dell EMC Unity Integration? Case 02092907

Post by foggy »

Hi Stijn, looks like there's some orphaned datastore on the host. Could you please try the 'esxcli storage nfs list' command, like described here?
archibaldicus
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stijn Mahieu

Post by archibaldicus »

Hi, I have tried that command, but there's no orphaned datastore present. In fact, the esxi hosts and storage are brand new; there haven't been any datastores (re)moved or (re)added yet.

Kind Regards,

Stijn Mahieu
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Then please continue looking into this with the help of your support engineer.