Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jrivet
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeff Rivet

VAW not showing up in VBR

Post by jrivet »

Hello,
I have installed the beta on a Win2k8R2 server that is not connected to our local domain. I have ensured that all firewall services are off. The agent is configured for use with the free license. I installed the license included with the beta download on my VBR and it shows server is enable for 41 more days. I set permissions on the repository for everyone. When I run a backup from the agent I can successfully complete a job to a network share using domain credentials. When I try and send the backup to our VBR without specifying credentials, an error pops up "Failed to load Veeam Agent for Windows license. No response from remote backup service." The account I'm logged in with is a local administrative account. If I specify my domain credentials which provide me full authority of the backup services as well as domain services, I receive the error "Failed to load Veeam Agent for Windows license. Unable to establish authenticated client-server connection. Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed."

At this time I can't join this machine to the domain. Not sure what else to try. Any assistance is appreciated.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VAW not showing up in VBR

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Jeff,

What Veeam B&R version are you using? Have you tried to connect to Veeam B&R server with you Veeam B&R admin account?
jrivet
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeff Rivet

Post by jrivet »

Yes, sorry. I overlooked the obvious information. I'm up to date running version 9.5.0.823 and I have tried every iteration of accounts, both as local admin accounts on the backup source as well as my domain admin accounts that has authority to the repositories and is currently being used for all our VM backups.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

Do you have Enterprise Manager installed? The architecture you have described works if you install the VAW license into EM, and then use VBR to assign the license (switch between workstation & server editions) after the agent appears in the console. However, if you've installed the license directly into the VBR console, I'm not sure if that works.

Joe