Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
willrodbard
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Will Rodbard

Remove unwanted hosts/clusters

Post by willrodbard »

Ok, so here's my situation:
I have 1 x vCenter controlling 3 seperate clusters, 2 of which have production ESX hosts within them and 1 that is purely for test and dev, the test and dev cluster has only 2 host within it.
I have a license that covers me for all of my production hosts only as I do not want to monitor the test and dev cluster, I don't need/want to monitor the test and dev cluister because the hosts are mucked about with, restarted, rebuilt etc so much that monitoring this cluster would create a very high level of unnecessary alerts that would need to be dealt with, and then there's the additional license cost that I don't need.
Becuase of the fact that Veeam Monitor has assigned my licenses to the 1st hosts it came across I have a number of my production hosts that are not monitored and are in an unlicesned state, whereas the test and dev cluster is fully monitored?

So here's my quesiton:
Q: Can you selectively assign licenses aginst some of the hosts or clusters within Veeam Monitor v5.0.0.261

Grateful for any help or info
Cheers
Will
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Remove unwanted hosts/clusters

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Will, yes you can, please check out the similar topic: License management. Thanks!
willrodbard
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Will Rodbard

Re: Remove unwanted hosts/clusters

Post by willrodbard »

Vitaliy,
Thanks a million, on fire as usual :-)

Will.