Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
benbla
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Benoit Blais

Suggestions for report of backup job

Post by benbla »

I would like to take this opportunity to submit an improvement to your e-mail reports. Would it be possible to have the exact number of hard disks for each of the VM's of the backup result and what was selected in the backup for the backup job ?(ex: server x have a VMDK name C, another VMDK D and the result of the backup job only the VMDK C drive is selected, D is missing from the backup job, warning message...)

It will be nice if we have a team of many tech that can change backup job and forgot to selected all disk in the job.

Thanks

Ben
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Suggestions for report of backup job

Post by PTide »

Hi,

In other words - you want to have a warning that would tell you that not all disks were selected for backup, right?

Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

benbla wrote:It will be nice if we have a team of many tech that can change backup job and forgot to selected all disk in the job.
By the way, all are selected by default... you have to specifically select ones you don't want to process.
benbla
Novice

Post by benbla »

Exactly PTide. I Will be Nice for verifycation when we have many customers And the y cam also change something in the backup schedule
benbla
Novice

Post by benbla »

I know Gostev but à Customer can change the schedule without warn us. So it Will be Nice to have it in the report.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

I believe that you can leverage a script to check whether the job has any disk exclusions configured. Should you decide to stick with that approach please feel free to ask for help with scripting in PowerShell section.

Thanks
benbla
Novice

Post by benbla »

Thank you for your respond but I would like to prefer an orange Success but Warning in the backup result that mention about not all disk have been selected or something like that. The goal is to be advice even if a external tech change something on client side without advise us and forgot to put it back on after the backup was success... Also, with over 10 reports of backup per day, we are only check the green banner and word SUCCESS instead of quantity of data for all our custumers...

Thanks for all