Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Sushil_BA
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sushil Gambhir

Scale out Repository Process

Post by Sushil_BA »

Hi All,

I've got a question regarding how extents in scale out repository function. Say, scale out repositories are setup for performance i.e. incremental files and full backup files will be stored on different extents. So, in case of reverse incremental backup what's the process, how does the whole operation happens? As in does proxy liaises with both repositories for injecting the latest backup in the vbk file and then reading and writing the previous restore point on to other extent. Or during this operation extents communicate with each other to manage the whole reverse incremental operation?

I just want to understand how the communication flows.

Thanks
S
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Scale out Repository Process

Post by foggy »

Hi Sushil, in case of reverse incremental backup method, the VRB incremental file is just created on another extent.
Sushil_BA
Novice

Post by Sushil_BA »

Hi Foggy,

I understand that, but I'm more interested in understanding how the data flows between different components (management server, proxy, extents etc) when these restore points are created.

Thanks
S
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

New data blocks are transferred to extent containing full backup from the proxy server, while the substituted blocks from VBK file are then sent to the corresponding extent directly.
Sushil_BA
Novice

Post by Sushil_BA »

Thanks Foggy