Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
HJAdams123
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Harold Adams

How to change the DNS names of CIFS based Repositories

Post by HJAdams123 »

Hello Again Veeam Community.... hoping if someone has run into this and knows the proper workflow... I am 80% there, but checking

I have recently added some CIFS based repositories in one of my sites. I have realized the even though the servername \ hostname of the UNC I have provided in the setup of the repository is correct, I just realized I should be using a CNAME to reference this CIFS share for DR purposes and to get around some DNS issues in my remote site. Well, jobs (both backup and backup copy) have been writing to these shares just fine, but I do need to change it. I noticed all of the options for adjusting the CIFS share UNC are greyed out. Is that because these are now "active" with backup and backup copy data on them? How do I get around it? Do I remove the CIFS based repository from the configuration (ofcourse not deleting the data from disk!!!) and then re-add the repository with the right UNC? When re-adding the repository, I would assume I would rescan it? And lastly, I would assume I would re-map all backup jobs and backup copy jobs to these newly revised CIFS repositories?

I think I kinda know what to do, but just want to confirm....

Harold
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: How to change the DNS names of CIFS based Repositories

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Harold,

Yes, you've described everything correctly.

Thanks!
HJAdams123
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Harold Adams

Re: How to change the DNS names of CIFS based Repositories

Post by HJAdams123 »

Thanks as always, that worked perfectly!