Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
vrm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Vincent

Migrated vCenter vcsa6 update 2m

Post by vrm »

Recently I've migrated a Windows vCenter 5.5 to Vcsa6.0 update2m. As you can see we use the migration tool/version. Everything is migrated well. Only one thing is not show in MP.
We've 2 Vcsa's. 1 is installed as a vcsa and the other is the migrated vCenter 5.5. Under Veeam for VMware > _vCenter Appliance State only the the the new installed vcsa is visiable and not the migrated vCenter..
I do have logged a case by Veeam Support but we haven't found the solution. Does anyone have an idea?
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Migrated vCenter vcsa6 update 2m

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Vincent,

Do you see this new migrated vCenter appliance in the list of VMs discovered by Veeam MP? We discover vcsa as a virtual machine and then by using some internal properties mark it as vcsa, so the first thing we need to check is that this migrated vcsa is discovered as a virtual machine.

Could you check and if it is discovered send me the Collector logs or give me a case number so that I can get back to support and check you logs there?

Thanks
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

To be more specific, could you check "VCSA version" property of the migrated appliance?

Thanks.
vrm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Vincent

Post by vrm »

Hi Sergey,

I was misled. The migrated vCenter vcsa is hosted on one of our vCenters that is managed by another SCOM environment. So the migrated vcsa is presented correct as appliance. Thank you for your replies.

Vincent
sergey.g
Veteran

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Vincent,

Thank you very much for getting back to us. I'm glad that evrythign works correctly.