radan.deak
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Radan Deak

Feature request Office 365

Post by radan.deak »

Hi

We missing:
- set different store location for backup jobs.
- create exclusion for non-licensed mailboxes
- create backup schedulling with backup Windows. (we have 400 mailboxes 1TB, first backup was 5Ohr. We ware not able to set backup full weekend and work days exclude work hours)
- create shapping. We were set shapping on firewall, but its not comfortable in big environmant where different crow takes care of firewalles.

Thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request Office 365

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Radan,

First: Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your requests. Can I ask a few follow-up questions?

- I assume you mean that you want to create multiple backup jobs and each backup job can target a different repository?
- Does a simple check like: Exclude non-licensed mailboxes work?
- Are you saying you want to disallow the backup to run at certain times (e.g: Don't run during business hours?)
- I am not sure that I know what shapping means? Could you explain?

Thanks
Mike
cparker4486
Expert
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Chris

Post by cparker4486 »

On the last point, if I may, I think they mean traffic shaping. Perhaps they're requesting throttling at the Veeam software level so they don't have to deal with the firewall crew.
-- Chris
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Chris,

that makes sense. The throttling is noted and will most likely arrive in one of the next builds. We have seen this request a few times already

Mike
rntguy
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rnt Guy

Post by rntguy »

If I can add to this, for shaping, the throttling that VBR has is awesome. You can set different levels for different times and you can set windows per job. This is what we'd love to see in VBO. So that each customer can have time periods where they are at full throttle but then during peak hours it's whittled down where it's enough to finish, but not too much to hurt user experience of download speeds.

Doing throttling for the whole box instead of per customer is better but not ideal.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Rnt Guy,

We probably won't have the same full throttling functionality as we have with VBR in upcoming versions but we are certainly going to add something.

What do you exactly mean "per customer"? In the end, even if you are running VBO for multiple customers, you will get the information from Office 365 and not through the customer so I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

Thanks
Mike
havard.kristiansen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Håvard Kristiansen

Post by havard.kristiansen »

Hi,

Our organization contains more than 11 000 different Microsoft Teams - but we only need to backup the ones that starts with the letter T or the name starts with Teams - (which is not more than 1500).
We have tried automate this using Microsoft Flow - using a generated CSV to push the result to a file location that states the selection - but we would like to simplify the solution with fewer dependencies.
The critical phase for us is when a new team is created and we need that the backup schedule picks up this.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Havard,

Are you using then PowerShell to modify the job, based on that CSV?