Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
nawrockip
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Patryk Nawrocki

Backup&Replication as repository for Agent - licensing

Post by nawrockip »

Hi,

We want to deploy Windows Agents for our client - laptops and serversonly.
I understand what Agent licenses we have to purchase.
But we want to back it up to veeam repository (B&R) repository so that backups will not be transfered to share folders (for security purposes).
There will be phisical backup serwer with windows and Veeam B&R installed.
We will not protect any hyper-v or vmware servers.
we also want to use backup copy feature.
My question is - what licenses do I need for B&R? It's liensed for backed up (protected) hypervisors, for each cpu socket. If I'm using it only as backup target than how do I pay for it?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup&Replication as repository for Agent - licensing

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Patryk,
what licenses do I need for B&R? It's liensed for backed up (protected) hypervisors, for each cpu socket. If I'm using it only as backup target than how do I pay for it?
For your scenario Veeam B&R license is not required. You need VAW license with workstation and server counters inside. Such license can be installed in Veeam B&R FREE and you can use it as a target. Check out VAW BETA with license include in the package.
nawrockip
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Patryk Nawrocki

Post by nawrockip »

But with B&R free I will not have backup copy feature. Also I can't add aditional backup targets on B&E server fee.
that's why I'm asking,full version of B&R has some aditionall capabilities that we want to utilize.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Patryk,

When agent license is installed on top of B&R Free you get repository permissions and license distribution for agents, backup copy for agent backup files and file to tape jobs.