Management reporting and documentation
arcjsc
Influencer
Liked: never

Report on multiple resource pools

Post by arcjsc »

Hi,

I'm trying to create some specific report for our company and I'm struggling.

We have multiple host : H1, H2, H3 with a resource pool test in each host (RP_T1, RP_T2, RP_T3).

I can generate a report for a single resource pool easyliy.

What I want to do is to have avec report with the sum of all the test test resource pools : RP_T1 + RP_T2 + RP_T3. But I can choose only 1 resource pool when I create the report.

I've tried to create a folder in business view with dynamic rules, so I have a folder with all the VMs from these resource pool in one folder. But when I try to create a report from this folder, the performance counter are for eache VM. And I would like a total usage, the sum of each vm.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Thank you for you answer.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Report on multiple resource pools

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hi and welcome to the community!
What reports are we talking about?
Creating Business View Groups is a right approach. Have you created a BV group for each resource pool or just a single group for all 3 RPs?
Thanks!
arcjsc
Influencer

Post by arcjsc »

Hello,

Thank you for you answer. I trying to have the global usage of CPU & RAM at least (disk, network will be a must) for our 3 RPs by example.

In Veeam ONE Reporter, I can generate this report but only for 1 RP. I use the report "Resource Pool and vApp Performance" but by default I can choose only 1 RP.

I've created a BV group for all 3 RPs, but the group is in a VM category, so when I try to generate a report it's a VM performance usage or I'm missing something.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

I`ve got your point.
The key here is to create not 1 Business View group containing 3 RPs, but 3 groups containing 1 resource pool each.
Thanks!
arcjsc
Influencer

Post by arcjsc »

Hi Shestakov,
Sorry for my late response, I've been busy on other importants taks these weeks.

I've create a group for each RP but I still can't achieve what I want.

The thing is that I would have a report with the sum of CPU Usage, sum of Memory Active and sum of Memory consumed, just like the VMware Monitoring\Resource Pool and vApp Performance report. But I don't find a good report where a can assign my Business view objects.

Do I have to create a custom report ? or is there a already created report that I can use ?

Thank you for you response

EDIT : I tried the VMware Custom Perforamnce, on my Business view objects, It's what I want but instead of 1 value per VM I want only 1 value, the sum of VM values. Have an idea how to do that ?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

For now the best you can do is to save the report in .xlsx and sum the group values there.
That sounds like a good request for Custom Performance reports, to add group summary.
Thanks.
arcjsc
Influencer

Post by arcjsc »

Hello,

That's what I did, but it's not really usable... I'm here with 1 value which is the sum of the average...

Do you know if there is a chance to get this improvement soon ?

Thank you
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Most likely it will be done in the next major release, which ETA is not determined yet.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I've come back to this discussion, examined the request and decided not to implement it as mentioned group summary because it doesn't make sense to summarize metrics measured in %, such things as latency etc. And we don`t want to add tricky logic as custom reports have to be straightforward.
So workaround with Excel is going to be the recommended way.