Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mkobes
Service Provider
Liked: never

Veeam Explorer Port 2500

Post by mkobes »

Hello,

When trying to restore an item with the "Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange" i get the following error: Failed to connect to port [123.456.78.9:2500].

i try to do this restore from a workstation with the Veeam Console and explorers installed from a different subnet than the backup server and repositories.
I can't find anny in the port reference guides wich ports are required: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... r=95#guest

Can someone point me in the direction what i am missing?

Regards,

Malcolm
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Veeam Explorer Port 2500

Post by PTide »

Hi,
123.456.78.9:2500
I assume that this is your backup repository, isn't it? In order to restore Exchange Items we need to obtain mailbox database (.mdb file) from the image-level VM backup. In other words - the machine where you start the explorer needs to have an access to the repository where the backup file resides at. At what step do you get the error?

Thanks
mkobes
Service Provider

Post by mkobes »

Hi PTide,

Correct, the example IP-address in this case is the Veeam Backup repository.
Where does this file reside? Is it in the .vbm or .vbk file?

Is this documented in the required ports? since i can't find it? (and is it: from Veeam Exchange Explorer to Backup repositories 2500-5000?)

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Blocks that compose the file (actually any file that has been changing between backup sessions) are likely to be distributed across the backup chain.

Could you please tell at what step do you get the error? Also what is the repository type (Windows/Linux?) that you use and what mount server is specified in its settings?

Thanks
mkobes
Service Provider

Post by mkobes »

I get the error when I perform a Hyper-V Application item restore (microsoft Exchange).
When the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange starts mounting the bacup i get the error: "Failed to connecto to the port [VEEAMREPOSITORY:2500].

The Veeam Backup server is specified in the settings of the repository.

The situation is as follows:
VLAN 1:
Workstation with Veeam Backup & Replication console installed
Vlan 2:
Veeam Backup Server
Veeam Repository (windows server 2016 standard with ReFS volumes)

VLANs are seperated by an hardware firewall
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Port 2500 is required for the console to connect to the repository, so you have to allow port 2500 from VLAN1 (Console) to VLAN2 (Repository). The list of required ports will be updated shortly.

Your feedback is very appreciated, thank you!