Management reporting and documentation
Rethier
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Ethier

Datastores Thin Provisioning Repo removed from newer version

Post by Rethier »

Case# 00166706
On an earlier versions of VeeamOne you used to have a report called "Datastore Thin Provisioning". In version 8.5 and newer version this report looks to be removed. I need to create this report so I can show management what datastore thin provisioning and over storage commit looks like. I had a case open on this issue and the tech told me to post my concern on this forum and maybe a developer can maybe add this report into an up and coming version.

Report column header looks like this when I ran it the last time :( :( .

Row

Time

Virtual Center

Datastore Name

Capacity GB

Used Space GB

Free Space GB

Thin Provisioned Space GB

Thin Provisioning Percentage
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Datastores Thin Provisioning Repo removed from newer ver

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Robert,

We never remove reports that are heavily used by our customers. :wink: Is this the report you're after > Over-provisioned Datastores?

Thanks!
Rethier
Novice

Post by Rethier »

No it is not. The tech I talked to asked me to look at the same reports to see if they would work. The report I was referencing is tied to the datastore only not the clients. I added the original reports I generated when the report was built into an earlier version into the case notes (Case# 00166706)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Are you sure that this is the correct support case ID - 00166706? This case is dated by 2012 and doesn't have any attachments already.
Rethier wrote:The report I was referencing is tied to the datastore only not the clients.
Can you please clarify this? Not sure that I'm following you.
Rethier
Novice

Post by Rethier »

Sorry, it looks I added the wrong case number. Here is the correct case "02124912". Hopefully my attachment are still associated to the case. If not you can send me and email and I will send them to you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this support case still has attachment. Just to make sure I understand the problem here: you would like to have a graphical representation (summary) of all datastores without going through all the pages in Over-provisioned Datastores report. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then it would definitely make sense to add this table back to the Over-provisioned Datastores report. Meanwhile, you can try to take a look at this report, which has a data table showing almost what you're asking for right now > Datastore Space Usage History
Rethier
Novice

Post by Rethier »

Yes the graphical representation (summary) of all datastores without going through all the pages in Over-provisioned Datastores report is the report I'm looking to bring back.
I would appreacite it if you could add this back into your new releases. This report is very helpful to me. I did take a look at the report that are related to datastore an all the reports that you have do not show the infomation I need to have in a one pare report view.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Robert,
Which of the attaches you need more, a table of all datastores or chart with free space and provisioning?
Thanks!
Rethier
Novice

Post by Rethier »

It would be nice to have both of them. If my manager wants hard number to back up the chart I can show that person the other report.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

I`ve got your point. Thanks.
"TOP 5 Datastores with Least Amount of Free Space" looks pretty much like the one you need. So we may include all datastrores there.
Rethier
Novice

Post by Rethier »

Not sure were we left off on the last post. Do you plan on adding this report back into VeeamOne when you role out update 2.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Most likely it`s going to be in the major release. Updates are mostly to fix bugs, support new platforms and provide top needed features.
Thanks!
Rethier
Novice

Re: Datastores Thin Provisioning Repo removed from newer version

Post by Rethier »

I'm still waiting for the release date on the report you removed in version 8.5. Last time I posted you said that the report will be in version 10 of Veeam One. Status update - is version 10 out yet, if not when will it be released. I'm currently on version 9.5 and I'm dealing with issue with my manager asking me to give them a report on how much were over committed on our datastore. You canned report on storage is 35 pages long and all I'm looking for is a one page graphical view of storage ( Datastore Name, Capacity GB, Used Space GB, Free Space GB, Thin Provisioned Space GB, Thin Provisioned %)

Please give me an update.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Robert,
Upcoming release is 9.5u4. We are planning to release it in the end of this year.
I'll check if the request belongs to v9.5u4 or v10 and let you know.
[UPD] Just checked, the change described above is a part of the upcoming Update 4.
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Robert,
The update 4 is released and available. It contains updated “Datastore Space Usage History” report with the information about top datastores containing the most and least free space and a number of other great features.