Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
-pekr-
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Petr Krenzelok

Password protection -not prone to errors?

Post by -pekr- » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

just tried to password-protect my backup and have few observations/notes:

- There could be a field to type the password again - it is a common norm to prevent mistakes

- There could be a functionality, e.g. via a button, to check on password and its validity. The thing is, that on the same machine, accessing the backup does not require a password. Most probably because you are already authenticated. But - in order to check for the password validity, just to be safe, you have to install agent on some other machine and try to access backups there, so that you can check, that your password is correct. Recent solution is imo inconvenient.

- Where is password stored? What happens, when I change the password at some point of the backup chain?

Thanks a lot,
Petr
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Password protection -not prone to errors?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Petr,
There could be a field to type the password again - it is a common norm to prevent mistakes
There is a ‘Windows password eye’ to check password while enabling the encryption :wink:
There could be a functionality, e.g. via a button, to check on password and its validity.
You would like to type in the password to make sure it’s correct?
Where is password stored? What happens, when I change the password at some point of the backup chain?
We do not store the password. Decryption key generated from the specified password and it is stored in database.