Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bishoptf
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Bishop

Non-Profit pricing....

Post by bishoptf »

I wanted to pass along some of my observations and some comments in general, of course I am just one user but still wanted to pass them along. I support in my spare time after hours my church IT operations, not much compared to most businesses but they are one of the larger churches in our area. I have been looking at upgrading their servers and I am planning on going virutal with all of them, I say all since we have only 2, one sbs 2003, and one running Centos 5.x running KVM from our other servers (2-3). I have been going through the process of evaluating all of the alternatives, I'm a big proponent of Open source so I tend to lean towards that direction but I also need to keep whatever is installed straightforward and something that has good support in case I am no longer in the picture. When evaluating esxi 5 I contacted the veeam sales channel, I was quickly contacted by a sales guy from the atlanta area and struck up a conversation with him since that was near my home town that I grew up in. He was very helpful in taking my information and passing along the information along to the sales outfit that we currently use to purchase our software from. All of my dealings with veeam so far have been very positive and pleasant, but this is where I wanted to pass along some input. Everyone knows how tight budget are these days, it is even more so for non-profits, what I was hoping was that Veeam would come back with a price that I could afford, and while it was less than some of the competitors it was at least for us not in our price range. Here is where I am hoping that they can continue to look at future opportunities at how they can help the small guys reap the same efficiencies as the big guys. In my case I will run a single host, single socket server, amd g34 supermicro server for my ESXI installation. My view/opinon is that if you offered something very affordable to non-profits those that support them would potentially become future customers when supporting larger clients that could afford more of the full price offerings. As much as I like to beat up on Microsoft, they offer very affordable server licenses for non-profits which allows us to even run SBS etc..I understand they are a much larger organisation and have much deeper pockets but it would actually be cheaper for me to run a hyper-v setup then to go with esxi, but I think ESXi as it is now a better product. Once again, I think you have a very nice product and hope that I will have the opportunity to use it in the future...

Sorry for the long post....:)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Non-Profit pricing....

Post by Gostev »

Hi Tom, thanks for your feedback. We do offer public sector pricing, not sure if that’s what was priced to you? I have forwarded your post to our CEO and VP of Sales for review.
bishoptf
Enthusiast
Full Name: Tom Bishop

Post by bishoptf »

Gostev wrote:Hi Tom, thanks for your feedback. We do offer public sector pricing, not sure if that’s what was priced to you? I have forwarded this to our CEO and VP of Sales for review.
Yeah that is what we received, like I said I have nothing but praise for the folks that I have worked with so far, I just wish their was a way to let the little guys leverage the same tools at a very low price, I can pay for the yearly maintence its just the initial outlay. Like I said, just something to think about, but I have been around a few times and think that the more folks you have using your software the more seats that you will sell, since your users most of the time can become your biggest advantage when planning/consulting for new jobs. I'd love to discuss this with anyone that might want to talk...Thanks again Gostev for the comment. :)
ilbuono

Post by ilbuono »

Thank you for bringing this up Bishoptf! I work for a small charity with only two host servers. The cost Veeam quoted for was £2,529.60 (inc.VAT... which charities in the UK have to pay). Veeam really could do more in terms of reduced pricing for the non-profit and charitable sector. Other companies like Microsoft (Office365 free for registered charities) or Salesforce (10 licences free, additional ones at 80% discount) are far more generous in this respect. Thank you for considering it.
gaylesam
Lurker
Full Name: Gayle Samuelson Carpentier

Post by gaylesam »

Hello Veeam users!

I'm writing to add my voice to the others below that there is indeed a powerful need in the nonprofit community for Veeam nonprofit pricing. At ***, we centralize hundreds of special nonprofit programs for companies like Dell, Microsoft, Symantec, Box and many others. In the last month alone I've seen 30 similar requests on our own forums hoping and wishing that Veeam would find a way to make their solution affordable enough for nonprofits to benefit from its power. Can you kindly share our interest with your CEO/President? TechSoup reaches nonprofits around the world (236 countries/territories at last count) and whether it's donated or discounted we would love to explore the idea with you.

Feel free to reach me at gayle@***.org or if you want to message me directly I'd be glad to also supply my cell # as well.

Fingers crossed!!
anscieug
Lurker
Full Name: Ajay Nair

Post by anscieug »

I work for a Veeam Partner and we have several non-profits entities in our area (and some of them are our clients). Most of them use *** for getting software licenses very inexpensively. Many of them use Veritas BackUp Exec because it is available at almost no cost!
Whereas Veeam is ~ $775 (with public Sector discount) for the Backup Essentials Std, not to mention the Enterprise and up.
I do hope that Veeam will consider doing something about it because I think they could very much use the 'worry-free backup solution' from Veeam.