Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
stinkydiver
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Haugh

Free agent install problem

Post by stinkydiver »

Hi

I've got a CentOS server version 7.3.1611. Trying to run the agent rpm package installation I am getting this error:

rpmReadSignature failed: region tralier: BAD, tag 1872 type 2047 offset 20480 count 4096

I've checked the package MD5 and it is ok.

Running a --nosiganture switch doesn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Free agent install problem

Post by nielsengelen »

Could you download it again and try again? About which rpm package are you talking exactly?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Is that a veeam-release rpm package obtained from veeam.com that you're trying to install? If so then could you please provide its full name (e.g. veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm)

Thank you
stinkydiver
Novice

Post by stinkydiver »

Hey there

I downloaded the CentOS 7 x64 package twice as well as the x86 package from the veeam.com download page. They both were a whopping 8kb! MD5 matched however...

I managed to resolve the issue buy creating a custom veeam repository installing it via yum.

Thanks anyway
stinkydiver
Novice

Post by stinkydiver »

FYI the file I got from veeam.com that didn't work was veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Glad that you've nailed it. I just would like to clarify something, please correct me if I'm wrong:

- you had downloaded veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm from veeam.com and attempted to install it with rpm -ivh veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm which gave the above-mentioned rpmReadSignature error. The MD5 was fine though.

- after that you installed the package via yum localinstall veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm and that resolved the issue.

Is everything correct?

Thank you
stinkydiver
Novice

Post by stinkydiver »

Hi PTide

This is correct: you had downloaded veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm from veeam.com and attempted to install it with rpm -ivh veeam-release-el7-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm which gave the above-mentioned rpmReadSignature error. The MD5 was fine though.

I then created the custom veeam repository using the settings found in the [GA] Veeam Agent for Linux thread.

I then ran yum install veeam which downloaded and installed the agent for me.

Thanks