Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rmdd
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Murphy

Export All Mailboxes to Individual PST Files

Post by rmdd »

Hello,

I need to export all mailboxes from Office 365 to individual PST files (one per mailbox). It looks like Veeam for O365 has the backup and export capability, but according to this thread (veeam-backup-for-microsoft-office-365-f ... 39411.html) it does not support a bulk export feature. Has anything changed since this was posted? If not, Mike Resseler from Veeam mentioned that they may be able to make this work with Powershell, if so, how? I checked the Veeam PowerShell Reference, but don't see any commands for restoring mailboxes to PST files. I'd really appreciate guidance here if it is possible. It would be a huge help.

Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Export All Mailboxes to Individual PST Files

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Ryan,

The answer hasn't changed yet at this moment. Note that we are working (For our next version) on multiple things in automation (PowerShell/ Rest API) but I can't promise that it will make our next update.

We do have a bulk export feature to export multiple mailboxes and stores but it doesn't separate it in individual files I'm afraid.

PS: What would be your preference? Through PS/ Rest or selecting manually the mailboxes and then export all to individual PST's (so gui?)
rmdd
Novice
Full Name: Ryan Murphy

Post by rmdd »

Mike,

Thanks for the response. Ideally, both options, but GUI would probably work best for most people. However, if PowerShell is something that could be made available more quickly, I'd just be happy to have some method of doing this.

Ryan
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks for the feedback Ryan! Very much appreciated!
DavidWolf
Novice
Full Name: David Wolf

Post by DavidWolf »

I could definitely seeing me having to use a feature like this eventually. I'd love a Powershell option.