Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jmerfeld
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Merfeld

Preview of Monthly Rollup

Post by jmerfeld »

Has anyone had any issues with there Veeam server after installing the April 18, 2017 Preview Monthly roll-up?

Link = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015553

After install i was getting this error after about 2 or 3 hours of uptime - Where it seems a service is crashing

"Job has been stopped with failures. Name: [Epic Backup], JobId: [af28e3cd-6f2d-40ec-bedf-81cf53f2fa87] Error: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full 10.0.36.220:9392
Job has failed unexpectedly"

After uninstalling the update, everything was stable. Maybe i need to open a Case? or is anyone else having any problems?
dmilks
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Milks

Re: Preview of Monthly Rollup

Post by dmilks »

I had the same issue. If you open up a ticket, please post it here.
jmerfeld
Influencer

Post by jmerfeld »

Case number #02149017
jmerfeld
Influencer

Post by jmerfeld »

This is what Support has said - I did have some stale entries in the Iscsi initiator from an AWS Gateway that was powered off. Once i powered it back on, it looked like it was stable, i am going to try and install updates and see how it works tomorrow.

Thank you for contacting us for support.

We have only had 3 other cases which have found that exact update causing an issue, so far. While looking into them 1 has been escalated, another didn't care if the update was removed, and another actually had this issue
"The issue should be investigated by Microsoft. It appeared after installation of several MS hot fixes.
Issue: if a SCSI target is not available, iSCSI initiator tries to connect to it constantly. So, after some time the server runs out of free RPC ports.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... Clustering>>
I don't think that is the same issue, but I will send it his way to see if that matches up with anything.".

Can you 100% confirm that is not the issue on the Veeam server? Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
flaren
Veeam Software
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Alexander Lupashku

Post by flaren »

We've been getting quite a few cases with this update. As a temporary workaround, the said update can be removed: https://www.veeam.com/kb2289
VCSP SE Team
adapterer
Expert
Liked: 46 times

Post by adapterer »

We'r struggling with this issue as well.

None of our servers have 4015553 installed, however we did have the monthly rollup 4015550 installed.

Right now I am whacking it with the big hammer and removing all updates from that rollup as I don't know which one is causing the issue.
flaren
Veeam Software
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Alexander Lupashku

Post by flaren »

iSCSI connectivity was confirmed to be the culprit. The KB has been updated.
VCSP SE Team