Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
garybelanger
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Belanger

Database Transacation Log Error

Post by garybelanger »

Hi,

We have a unique situation where we have 2 incremental backups per day, 11am and 11pm and then Transaction Log Backups every 60 minutes. Sometimes between the 2 incrementals a database is automatically generated with a unique name based on today's date and then it is removed. But when it is created, it is a SIMPLE database and not set to FULL, so in the report that we get it does state that the Status for this database is EXCLUDED because it's Recovery Mode is SIMPLE, but then we get an ERROR report every 60 minutes that "Transaction Logs from some databases were not backed up for the last XX intervals" and the error database is this particular database. It is an Excluded database so why am I getting is ERROR report? It is enough that I have to filter through regular Error logs and resolve them, why should I be getting error logs for databases that are supposed to be Excluded because they are in Simple mode? Since the name of this database is not consistent every day, there are portions of the name that are consistent, but it puts in Today's Date in the middle. I can't put another Database Exclusion in Veeam as it won't let me use a wildcard, and again if the report is showing that it is already Excluded, why should I have to enter another entry to Exclude the same database?

I already had a case open for this, 02156605, and the Tech Support agent stated that I couldn't do anything about this and that I should post in the forums.

Thanks in advance for your help.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Database Transacation Log Error

Post by foggy »

Thanks, Gary. We will reproduce this internally and address in one of the future updates.
garybelanger
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Belanger

Re: Database Transacation Log Error

Post by garybelanger »

Thanks foggy. Please do let me know if you are not able to reproduce this error as you can remote onto our system and have a look.