Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mephisto
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Mephisto poa

Bootdisk doesn't work

Post by mephisto »

Hey guys,

I've created a USB boot device, and I tested on 3 machines already, every time after it loads up an give the 3 options to choose (bare metal, restore, etc...) it gets stuck intermediately, no ctl+alt+delete, no mouse, no cursor, nothing works.

Not sure if many people tried the boot device, but so far for me it doesn't work.

Has anyone faced similar issue?
skochetkov
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Sergey Kochetkov

Re: Bootdisk doesn't work

Post by skochetkov »

Hello mephisto,

Please clarify if you're not able to choose any options because keyboard and mouse do not work?
mephisto
Expert

Post by mephisto »

I thought it could have been the mouse/keyboard. but I tried 3 differnet machines, with wireless and wires keyboard (USB), nothing works, pressing all keys don't even make the computer beep. Very strange.

I'm going to create another boot device without drivers or anything and try to book on a machine without intel raid controller (fake raid) to test again
mephisto
Expert

Post by mephisto »

no difference, different workstation, no drivers included, still locks up every time
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

mephisto,

Kindly open a case and share the recovery logs with the support team. Thank you.