Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Matt@ManSol
Novice
Liked: never

Unable to log into Veeam ONE reporter - IIS authentication?

Post by Matt@ManSol »

Hi everyone,

We've just started trialing Veeam ONE update1 for monitoring our backup and virtual Hyper-V infrastructure. The Monitor seems to be working well, but we seem to be having some trouble with Reporter and Business View websites.

We want to be able to define DOMAIN\groups as members of the local Veeam ONE security groups to delegate access.

When I try to log in using one of the user accounts that I want to have "Veeam ONE Administrators" access, I select "Use windows session credentials". and then it prompts me again for "Windows Security" credentials - like it is trying to access the folder directory and failing. Entering in the current user domain credentials fails and it just keeps prompting.

However, if I use the service account DOMAIN\serviceaccount when prompted by The Veeam ONE Reporter login - it logs in without a problem.
Because of this, I suspected it was an issue with the IIS site configuration, so I checked the authentication feature of the Reporter site in IIS. I was presented with this error message:

Code: Select all

Authentication
There was an error while performing this operation.
Details:
Filename: \\?\C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Reporter Web\web.config
Line number: 1
Error: Configuration section encryption is not supported
This makes me think it has something to do with ASP.NET impersonation, as the error occurs whenever I attempt to enable that type of authentication.
I've tried to research the issue, but it doesn't seem that this is a common issue.

The same problem exists for our Business View website.

Can anyone check what their authentication settings are set to, or maybe provide a clean web.config form their reporter site?

Any suggestions would be great.

Matt
tinktonk
Lurker
Full Name: To Pearce

Re: Unable to log into Veeam ONE reporter - IIS authenticati

Post by tinktonk »

It may not have been a common issue, but it became one for me today too - identical error; additional info I had with the 500.19 response was about compression. For me, it was WSUS mucking about (with compression) and it needed to be overridden globally. As Veeam is the only IIS this server runs, I was fine running...

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

...at which point it came back to life. No idea if this would suit or fix your issue too but at least the general direction may help?
Matt@ManSol
Novice

Post by Matt@ManSol »

I need to clarify further:

" if I use the service account DOMAIN\serviceaccount when prompted by The Veeam ONE Reporter login - it logs in without a problem. "

What I actually mean, is that if I do not select "Use Windows session credentials" and enter the DOMAIN\serviceaccount details - it logs in without a problem.

The problem seems to occur, only when using the "Use Windows session credentials".
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Matt and welcome to the community!
Could you contact Veeam support for the issue investigation?
Thanks!