Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Edmundas
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Edmundas Ralys

Move and upgrade v 4.1.1 -> v 5.0.1 on 2 different servers

Post by Edmundas »

Hi,

Move and upgrade v 4.1.1 from one physical server to v 5.0.1 another physical server.

We have Veeam v 4.1.1 on win 2003 std 32 bit SP2 on physical server and now we need to move/update to the newest v. 5.0.1 on the other physical box with win 2008 R2 std 64 bit.

I am planning to install v 4.1.1 on the new machine then move DB from the old machine and check if it is working. If it is OK then install the new version v 5.0.1 on the top on the new machine.

Maybe someone tries this scenario and has some good advice? Maybe it is not necessary to install the old version of veeam on the new server?

Thanks in advice for all help

BR
Edmundas
Alexey D.

Re: Move and upgrade v 4.1.1 -> v 5.0.1 on 2 different serve

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Edmundas,

Your scenario looks fine: installing older version of B&R first, moving its database. Then upgrading to 5.0.1. Thanks!
Edmundas
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Edmundas Ralys

Post by Edmundas »

Thanks Alexey,

I don’t have v. 4.1.1 x64 installation file, just x86 and on the new server with 64 bit OS I cannot run it :( . Maybe I can download it from some save location. In Veeam website it is just the newest version.

Or plan B.
I can try to install the newest version on the old server on top of v 4.1.1 and then move db to the new one. But I would like to have existing configuration on the old machine while the new is not tested.

BR
Edmundas
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Feel free to obtain x64 version through our support team, they will send it to you, and then you can make your tests!