Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hongchuong
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nguyen Hong Chuong

Windows server have some services "Trigger start"

Post by hongchuong »

Dear guy !
I using Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5, when i create a backup job for Windows Server 2012 or 2016 after have run "active full". When job backup to successfully, i have check in Windows sever have some services with status "Trigger start or Delayed start". Could you view it in picture i have attached in topic this.
I don't understand why this ? Can you help me, about info why have this and i can fix the issue this ?
Thanks ?

Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Windows server have some services "Trigger start"

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

First: Welcome to the forums!

Second: The good news: You don't need to fix this at all! I'll try to explain it as good as I can

Services set to Automatic will start during the boot process.
Services set to start as Delayed will start shortly after boot. Starting your service Delayed improves the boot performance of your server and has security benefits. "Delayed" is actually 2 minutes after the last "automatic" service has started, by default. This can be configured by a registry key. The registry keys of interest (At least in some versions of windows) are:
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\\DelayedAutostart will have the value 1 if delayed, 0 if not.
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\\AutoStartDelay decimal number of seconds to wait. (You may need to create this one)
On the other hand, my advice is always not to change those default settings.
Services that have trigger start next to automatic or automatic delayed start will start during boot or with that delay, but will gracefully stop when the OS (or applications) don't need them anymore. This is obviously to save resources and for security again. However, when an application needs it (such as B&R) it can trigger those to start again and do their work.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Mike
hongchuong
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nguyen Hong Chuong

Post by hongchuong »

Dear Mike!
Thank for support from you.
I have installed a new server 2012 and do not join it to Veeam Backup and Replication.
I checked the service of new server 2012 this and have some services with status "Trigger start", too.
So, i think it is normal
Sorry, because I have not checked in detail before to create this topic.

Best regards
Chuong Nguyen
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

No worries. Glad I could help!