Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
SKratzTS
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Steve Kratz

Feature Request - VAW to remote Repository, NAT support

Post by SKratzTS »

I was hoping for the ability to pipe a backup job from a remote workstation over to a B&R repository, but it looks like the Agent 2.0 has the same limitation as Endpoint. The repositories, authentication all work fine from the remote side, but when the backup starts, it attempts to connect to the NAT'd IP rather than the public WAN IP I have set up for a 1-to-1 NAT.

(This is for one or two person remote offices, just as a means to have data users store on their PC instead of the server backed up). Not really enough resources on the machines (laptop) to run a copy of B&R and replicate a local repository over to the server).

Anyone have another way of accomplishing the same thing? I've tried USB bricks, but I can't get the cables to plug themselves in each morning!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - VAW to remote Repository, NAT support

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Steve,

Have you tired VAW 2.0 Backup to Veeam Cloud Connect repository option? This was designed specifically for multi site scenarios and plays nice with computers behind NAT.