Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mitchke
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mitch Vanhelden

Ability for monitoring backup schedule

Post by mitchke »

Is there an easy way for monitoring the success or failed state of a backup scheduled with Veeam agent for Windows?
Are there any log entries, or log files, or ... which indicate a successful or failed backup each time a scheduled backup is executed?

easiest way I could find so far is monitoring the destination location for the created backup files.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Ability for monitoring backup schedule

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Mitch,

You can point agent job to Veeam B&R repository and monitor job state thru the Veeam B&R console. Additionally, you can use agent’s built-in email reporting in conjunction with single mailbox to aggregate all email report in one place.
mitchke
Novice

Post by mitchke »

I would like automated monitoring to show up on wall chart, so email wouldn't cover that. And I only have the agent solution (not veeam B&R) implemented.
Is there any logging I could check for the last backup state?
RogerMialkowski
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Roger Mialkowski

Post by RogerMialkowski » 1 person likes this post

Yes, if you go into Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Veeam Endpoint Backup (for 1.5, not positive if it's similar for 2.0).

Roger
mitchke
Novice

Post by mitchke »

RogerMialkowski wrote:Yes, if you go into Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Veeam Endpoint Backup (for 1.5, not positive if it's similar for 2.0).

Roger
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for