Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Synthetic Full Backup Copy Job

Post by Technogod »

I have VAW 2.0 setup for synthetic full backups on Saturday and send them to a B&R 9.5.0.1038 repository. Today the synthetic full backup was created in the repository. I also have a backup copy job that sends it to my remote repository. My remote repository shows an incremental backup was performed today. How can I get the synthetic full backup to be reflected in the remote repository?
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Re: Synthetic Full Backup Copy Job

Post by Technogod »

I don't think this is possible. I read this in the documentation. On the target backup repository, the backup copy job creates a backup chain in the forever forward incremental backup method. The target backup repository always contains only one active incremental backup chain. Restore points in the chain are rotated according to the retention policy.

I think the advantage of synthetic full is the ability to create a full backup on the repository and not have to transfer all the data to the remote repository.