Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
battles
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Battles

Multi tenancy

Post by battles »

Can I set up multi-tenancy repos in my current Veeam B&R for various windows dedicated servers (multiple clients)

Does it require AD? If so, are there alternatives to use AD? I dont want to rely on AD

TIA
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Multi tenancy

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Battles,

Quick question... Are we talking about VAW or VBR? Or are we talking about your clients using VAW and sending their backups to your VBR server? Are you acting as a "service provider"?

Thanks
Mike
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

Hi Mike,

thanks. I"m asking about clients using VAW and sending to our VBR server.

We are a service provider.

Right now we handle restores and backups from our VBR server (3 of them currently)

Some time ago, someone from Veeam mentioned a portal where by our multi-tenant clients could access their own backups, notifications, et al.

I dont know if that ever materialized, but as a service provider we'd love to empower our clients to do this.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Battles,

So, if you are a service provider, you should start with applying for the service provider forums. Here is the procedure:

[quoteTo apply for the VCSP forum, go into the User Control Panel of this forum, select User Groups in the tabs, select "Veeam Cloud Service Provider” and finally the “Join selected” option. As soon as your email address is verified to be part of the Service Provider domain, your application will be approved.][/quote]

Those type of questions will be answered there more easily ;-)

Also, in your case, there is nothing that relies on AD. Finally, restores can be done through the VAW UI from the tenant side also

Just a start, but again, on that forum, much more help will be provided for sure

Hope it helps
Mike
battles
Service Provider

Post by battles »

Many thanks Mike