Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ortoscale
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Matjaž Antloga

Workstation licenses - minimum purchase 5 per client

Post by ortoscale »

Workstation licenses of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows must be purchased in quantities of at least five (5). There is no minimum purchase requirement for Server licenses, which can be purchased in any quantity.

Why, Veeam?!
What should I tell end client who needs only one or two or perhaps three or four?!
kingsize
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: King Size

Re: Workstation licenses - minimum purchase 5 per client

Post by kingsize »

Exactly, I would love to buy only 2. Not 5 pieces.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC »

Boo!
Dislike
ortoscale
Service Provider

Post by ortoscale »

Addon,

A client needs 1 Windows and 1 Linux Veeam Agent licence.

He needs to buy:
5 x Win + 5 x Lin license - you cannot mix, confirmed info
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

First, to answer the question why. The reason is actually pretty simple: selling 1 workstation license to individual clients does not cover our order processing and support costs. In other words, Veeam will lose money on these sales. All of our processes are designed around the fact that we're B2B company. While to make money off selling single desktop licenses requires B2C approaches such as selling online (instead of through resellers), having super cheap outsourced email-only support (instead of expensive in-house support with people on the phone 24/7), etc.

Now, specifically to your scenario, Matjaž. As a service provider, you are now able to rent licenses for all your clients. For example, if you have 10 clients with 1 desktop each, you can rent 10 workstations license from Veeam and deploy agents at your client environments using this license, which completely solves your issue.
ortoscale
Service Provider

Post by ortoscale »

Hi Anton. I think you are cutting micro B2B off and leaving money on the table. B2B starts with one not 5 or 10. (one example: if you think end clients are using o365 - veeam minimum for o365 backup is 10 licenses you are plain wrong). Will check that service provider deal with Tamara! Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

bc2011 wrote:Hi Anton. I think you are cutting micro B2B off and leaving money on the table. B2B starts with one not 5 or 10.
I agree with you on that statement in general, however to take those money ourselves we need the corresponding infrastructure and processes in place. So instead, our approach to micro B2B is based on service providers like yourself, companies who do have the infrastructure and processes in place to deal with micro B2B. This is the bet we've made, we shall see how it plays.