Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Tommi
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Tommi Wassini

question about the backup agent

Post by Tommi »

hi everyone.

i have ben installing a linux box as backup target, to use as a remote store over a WAN connection.

i was told that when i use a linux box, veeam would install a agent, that can preform the transformations of incrementals locally, as my upload on the Wan connection is VERY slow.

today i tested it,, and then it started the "Transforming previous full backup chain into rollbacks" i got Traffik on my lan conection...
my guess is the agent have not ben installed or something......
is there anyway i can test if the agent is installed.... or is it normal that i get network traffik when transforming ??

cheers
Tommi
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: question about the backup agent

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tommi,

Could you please specify how did you set a backup target? Have you added this Linux Box via Add Server option in the backup console?

Thanks!
Tommi
Enthusiast

Post by Tommi »

hi Vitaliy

yes i have added the server via the add server option and i can see the backup files through the veeam file browser.

cheres
Tommi
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Tommi,

Thanks for clarifications, in this case the agent should have been deployed...Actually, when you deploy an agent on the target site this doesn't mean you'll have no traffic at all between your backup console and target storage, as Veeam Manager needs to communicate with its managed entities/agents.

The question is - how large is you traffic workflow? It should be much less than agentless approach that you previously used.

Thank you!
Tommi
Enthusiast

Post by Tommi »

hi again

aa ok i thought there would no traffik at all when transforming,,,
i will try to benchmark how much traffik it generates.. thanks for your ansver :)

cheers
Tommi