Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PapaSmurf
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ben Richardson

identify delta

Post by PapaSmurf »

Hi,

We're working towards rsync'ing our B&R backups via WAN but the data transfer size is currently too large.

Before I go fiddling with moving swap files/defraging/etc how do i find out the delta when running Reversed incremental and only one restore point? I can of course see the vrb whilst the job is running but that dissappears at the end of the job.

Thanks
Alexey D.

Re: identify delta

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Ben,

You may want to navigate to Backups node in B&R console and click Properties on desired backup - there will be information on VRB size, compression, dedupe ratio, etc. Is this the information you are looking for?
PapaSmurf
Influencer

Post by PapaSmurf »

Thanks Alexey, but i don't think it does

It seems rsync is transfering an absudly huge amount of data - sometimes 3gb for a vm of 10gb with minimal changes. In an effort to solve this I'd like to try suggestions from other posts in this forum, but be able to check once the job has completed how much "changed" data B&R wrote exactly - and therefore how much data rsync will want to transfer.

Hope that makes more sense now
PapaSmurf
Influencer

Post by PapaSmurf »

UPDATE - for anyone finding this post after the same solution, here is a something that does the trick;

http://www.vmguru.com/index.php/compone ... ew&start=5

Apparantly such a feature is on the B&R wishlist, which is just as well given the above solution makes use of one of Veeam's competitor's tools :o