Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dbr
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Daniel Brase

Selecting a restore point within a NetApp snapshot

Post by dbr »

Hi all,

I've filed a case because I'm unable to select a (application-consistent) restore point from a NetApp snapshot which was created by a application aware job with NetApp Snapshot as target (snapshot-only job). More precisely the restore point isn't listed when running the restore wizard from Home -> Restore -> VMware -> e.g Instant Recovery or Application Items. It is listed when initiating the restore wizard via Backups -> Storage Snapshots. If I understand the documentation correctly then selecting a storage snapshot restore point via Home -> Restore -> VMware should be possible or the documentation is quite simply wrong: "To launch the Instant Recovery wizard, do one of the following: On the Home tab, click Restore and select VMware. In the Restore from backup section, select Instant VM recovery..." (Link).

Case#02191777

Could anyone please confirm the missing possibility of selecting a restore point from stroage snapshot via Home -> Restore -> VMware?

Thanks,

Daniel
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Selecting a restore point within a NetApp snapshot

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Based on the support case, the team investigate why this do not show up, while in our lab it works.
The status is that they had asked you or will ask you shortly additional details/files.