Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
davis_b
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Brent Davis

VBR and Agent alerts

Post by davis_b »

When connecting the agent to a VBR server, I don’t enable the alerts on the agent. From testing I found that the alert settings from the VBR server work for the agents – so I thought. I tested by adding an agent to my VBR server, started a backup job on the agent then canceling the job, whalla I got the failure for the agent from the VBR server. On the VBR server I don’t get alerts on completions only warnings and failures. The part where I say “so I thought”, are retries treated differently for alerts when utilizing the alerts from the VBR server and not then agent? I ask because I just noticed that all of agents have been failing for several days but I have not been getting alerts. Each day I check the VBR console and I don’t see any agents with failures, plus I haven’t gotten failures so one would assume all is good. I happened to go to one of my agents to upgrade the agent from V1 > V2 and noticed the last 5 days have been failing but the job keeps retrying but I have not been getting any alerts of the failures. In order to get the alerts when there are retires, do I need to configure alerts from the agent?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VBR and Agent alerts

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Brent,

Can you please clarify, when saying alerts you are referring to email notifications - is that correct?