Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Krzysztof_S
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Krzysztof S.

VAW 2.0 Free Edition and XML Configuration

Post by Krzysztof_S »

Hello,

Is it possible to export configuration to XML file from VAW 2.0 Free Edition and import it on another machine with Free Edition enabled?
I'm able to export configuration but where I'm trying to import there's an error message:

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup>Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe -import /f:C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint\!Configuration\Config_ks.xml
ExitCode: 4

Errors:
Failed to perform the operation.
The configuration file you are trying to import does not match the product edition.
Both programs use same license version (Free).

Moreover, I can't reimport configuration on the same machine from which export was made.

Regards,

Krzysztof
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VAW 2.0 Free Edition and XML Configuration

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Krzysztof,

Import/export configuration function is available in the paid edition of the product.

Thank you!
souperstar
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Chris

Post by souperstar »

Any other way to configure the software en masse? In the editions comparison, VAW Free lists the ability to silently install and upgrade. It is NOT clear one would not be able to configure the software during installation. An unconfigured silent installation is worth nothing. Boo.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

The only supported way is via xml config file import which is available in workstation or server edition.