Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gmarot
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Guy Marot

Existing jobs not shown in Enterprise Manager

Post by gmarot »

Hi

After upgrading both "Veeam Backup & Replication" and "Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager" from version 4 to 5, all existing backup jobs are not shown in Enterprise Manager.
When new jobs are created they appear successfully.
Do I need to recreate all jobs ? :cry:

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Existing jobs not shown in Enterprise Manager

Post by Gostev »

Hi, no - you should be able to see them just fine after upgrade. This is actually first report like that since v5 was released...
gmarot
Novice

Post by gmarot »

Hi Gostev,

I have two "Veeam Backup & Replication" and one "Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager" installed. I have upgrade all three from version 4.1.1.105 to 5.0.0.179 and then to version 5.0.1.198. I notice that all backup jobs created prior to version 5.0.0.179 are not detected by "Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager". Note that Backup & Replication was upgraded whereas Enterprise manager version 4.1 was uninstalled and version 5 installed.

BTW it's a shame that a job cannot be copied!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

What do you mean by "a job cannot be copied"?
gmarot
Novice

Post by gmarot »

Most of the backup jobs I create have similar settings (i.e. recipient email address, reversed incremental, number and retry intervals etc.). It would be very useful to be able to copy a job instead of creating a new one with all settings to enter again. If copy function was available, I would recreate all jobs while waiting to resolve the above problem.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

To create multiple jobs with the same settings, you can use our PowerShell SDK. This is quite popular approach among our partners who deploy the solution in customer environments.

I think realistically it will take quite some time before copy functionality is available directly in UI, because it does not affect RTO or RPO, so would not really increase the value of the product much. Yes, it could have been useful in this specific case, but this should have never happened in a first place. And in all cases I am sure that our support will be able to easily fix this for you without having you to re-create those jobs.