Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
DeRomaMartin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin De Roma

Power State Alert

Post by DeRomaMartin »

Hi,

im asking myself a question regarding the Power State Alert from the VEEAM Management Pack for Microsoft System Center.
I have VMs in my Environment that are shut down on purpose (for whatever reason) and now i have many alerts that needlessly remind me of that.

Is there a way to exclude the Maschines from that alert without creating an Override for every VM?

Great Product !

Please include Managed File Replication for EMC Data Domains in VEEAM 9.5 ;)
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Power State Alert

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Are we talking about the VM Uptime Monitor? By default it is not designed to send alerts, did you enable it to send alerts?

But anyway - if you want some VMs not to send an alert, instead of creating Overrides one by one, you can create a group and specify Alert Settings overrides for the group, then you just need to either add a VM to the group manually or create a rule which will add such VMs automatically, for example by certain pattern in their name.

And I've redirected your Feature Request about EMC Data Domain to our VBR Team.
Thanks.
DeRomaMartin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin De Roma

Post by DeRomaMartin »

Yeah sorry Alerts was the wrong word :)
to be exact it is the Veeam HyperV:VM Power State under the VEEAM HYperV: VM Uptime Monitor.

And yes in my Uptime Report the VM are shown as something like having 0 - 30% Uptime and to explain that to our Management and Customers is getting old because it is the normal behaviour for those VMs... I will try what you suggested.

What i want is that those VMs are not shown as beeing in a critical state under the "All VMs" View and those VMs should be excluded from the Uptime Report
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Ok, I thought about VMware for some reason :) In Hyper-V it's a little bit different, so to make this VM not being counted as being in down state when it's powered-off, you need to disable the monitor for Power State - in this case only the other 2 monitors (health and heartbeat) will rollup to uptime. So VM will be in a down state only when it's powered-up and having issues reporting heartbeat or when hyper-v server reports its state as unhealthy.

Again, you can create a group of VMs and set such a disabling override for the group and then add VMs to the group manually or by a certain rule.

If you still need to exclude such VMs from the Uptime report, you will need to create such a group, which is not something you can do in SCOM out of the box, but there are some instructions on how to do that:

https://sentryboy.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/groupcalc/

Thanks.