Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
pmansfield
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Processing failed for Bookings accounts

Post by pmansfield »

I've recently created a Bookings Page in our 365 tenant, but it is causing the backup procedure to throw an error:
Processing mailbox <email@domain.com> failed with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I suspect the problem is caused because I don't think Bookings addresses are 'proper' mailboxes/user accounts.
All of my 'normal' mailboxes backup - the problem only affects the Bookings account. I'm not bothered about backing it up, and would happily exclude it if there was an easy way to do it.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Processing failed for Bookings accounts

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Pmansfield,

I think you are correct with saying that it isn't a proper mailbox. But still, I would like to be able to catch that error instead of this.

Could you create a support call? Post the support case ID here and the follow-up after that

By the way, easiest way to exclude it (for now, it will be easier in v1.5) is to create a new job, with that specific mailbox in it, and then disable the job. For your other job, you can still choose to select ALL mailboxes but since the specific one is mentioned in another job, it won't be in there anymore. But as said, a better solution in 1.5 :-)

Thanks
Mike
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Post by pmansfield »

Thanks Mike. Case raised: ID# 02205496
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Keep us informed!

Thanks
Mike
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Post by pmansfield »

Support have said: It appeared it is a known issue and it is planned to be fixed in future versions of Veeam Backup for O365 product.

As I said at the beginning, it's not a problem for me, so I'll just exclude that mailbox for the time being.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Yes, got informed about this issue and our engineers will investigate and try to solve it.

Thanks for willing to create a case and put some time in it! I (and the team) really appreciate it.
PS: 1.5 beta is out (https://go.veeam.com/beta-backup-office-365) ;-)