Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
YorkITGuy
Novice
Liked: never

Restore Exchange 2010 DAG

Post by YorkITGuy »

We just setup Veeam B&R 9.5 for vSphere. We have an Exchange 2010 2 node DAG and are only backing up the passive node. The file share witness is on the CAS. There is only 1 site. All backups have been successful. We did a test restore that included the DAG member, the CAS that is also the file share witness server, and both domain controllers. The restores were to a virtual switch with no physical uplinks so there wouldn't be any IP or name conflicts with the production VMs. The restores were all successful and all 4 VMs boot up fine. All services start as expected. The issue is that the databases won't mount because the cluster won't come online. Has anyone done anything like this before? I've read through lost of support documents and forum postings about backing up a DAG member, but nothing about what happens when you need to do a restore.
_SC_
Novice

Re: Restore Exchange 2010 DAG

Post by _SC_ »

If you've only got two nodes in your DAG it might be due to the order in which you booted your servers, make sure the file share witness comes up first.
Have a read through this https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... .160).aspx
YorkITGuy
Novice

Re: Restore Exchange 2010 DAG

Post by YorkITGuy »

Thanks for the reply. I am 99% sure I brought the FSW up first, but will power them both off and bring it up first just to make sure.