Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

Renaming Backup Job question effecting VIB/VBK?

Post by flavor4real »

Good Morning,
Hope everybody is fine. My Situation: The Original Job named "DSM High Priority - new" has been renamed to "DSM High Priority ". Once I go to the target patch of the VIB's/VBK's, I see that the file name still implement the "-new+, example >> "DSM High Priority - new2010-12-25T120515".

All new created VIB/VBK's still have the "-new" attached to it's naming convention. Should I just leave it or should I creat a new job to have the naming fixed? what are the BBP for scenarios like that?

Thx
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Renaming Backup Job question effecting VIB/VBK?

Post by Gostev »

Hi, actually backup file naming is not tied up to job name in any way. If you take a look at backup job wizard, there is a separate control provided on Backup Destination step where you specify how your backup file should be named. This can only be set once when creating the job, it is disabled when you open a job for editing. So yes, you will need to create new job if you want your backup files to be named differently. Thanks!
flavor4real
Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

Post by flavor4real »

Thanks, .. I think I should have noticed the file name option under the Backup Job wizard.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

No problems. This backup file name option is automatically prepopulated by the job name when you create the job, I guess this is where you confusion comes from.