Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Osk
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Osk

Surebackup custom names for replica vms

Post by Osk »

Hello,

Is there any way to add custom suffix to my surebackup replicas? While surebackup is running my replica vm's in isolated network have names like "vmname_somehash". I would like to add "_replica" suffix to them. So it could be vmname_somehash_replica.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Surebackup custom names for replica vms

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Not sure it is possible to add this now to the SureBackup job, but what is the name of your replicated VMs? Don't they have this suffix already?
Osk
Novice

Post by Osk »

Hey Vitaliy,

Nope they names are orginalvmname_somehash. For example dc01_btbreqjdsa7669dasdsadj43btbsflsedk :D Hash looks more like md5 or smth. I use esxi 6.0u3 with vcenter and b&r 9.5 ent. essentials.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether we're following you on that. Since replica VMs have already some identifier (hash) assigned, what's the idea to rename them second time? Thanks.
Osk
Novice

Post by Osk »

Hashes are random for every vm. I would like to set some vcenter politics, alarm excludes for replica vms (for example for mac adress conflicts prod. vm with replica vm). It's posible with prefix or sufix in vm name but it has to be constant for every job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Then, it's worth adding prefixes or suffixes via replication jobs, not surebackup ones. Alternatively (instead of renaming), you can assign a tag for replicated VMs and make exclusions, based on it. Thanks.