Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gleep52
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Erik Tank

Confused about Cloud Connect pricing

Post by gleep52 »

What are some good options for cheap backups online and what all do I need to pay for? I started a 6 month trial of cloud connect, installed the license, but I don't know how to add any repositories. How do I go about adding a repository, and how do I go about pricing this long term? Do I need to buy a license from Veeam and then a cloud storage space as well? Or are they the same thing? I've read conflicting information, and we're just looking for a solid offline backup.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Confused about Cloud Connect pricing

Post by Gostev »

Adding repositories > https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

The pricing model depends on the service provider you end up choosing. If you are already Veeam Backup & Replication user, you don't need to buy any additional licenses from Veeam - you only pay to the service provider, usually for cloud storage space.
gleep52
Novice

Post by gleep52 »

I signed up with Veeam for a six month trial... it was 75 bucks per VM. I got a license from Veeam I installed in the console. What do I do next to utilize this trial?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I am not quite sure what did you sign up for, but that does not look like Cloud Connect because you don't have to install any licenses to use one. Can you give me more info?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Ah, could it be this, by any chance?
https://www.veeam.com/cloud-connect-ent ... ackup.html

Then it is likely a wrong solution for what you're looking to achieve. This product is designed for large, decentralized enterprises to centralize backup of multiple remote offices into the HQ data center. It's not a good fit for basic, cheap backups into the cloud due to the complexity (the product is designed to scale for large enterprises and with multi-tenancy in mind) as well as the associated Veeam licensing costs for this enterprise framework.

If you are looking for basic cloud backup, you should use this promo instead:
https://go.veeam.com/promo-free-cloud-services
Pat490
Expert
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: Patrick

Post by Pat490 »

also if you sign up with a CSP for trial, than they should also easily help you with setting up repository and test backups. Otherwise I would not trust them at all!
gleep52
Novice

Post by gleep52 »

I signed up for Veeam® Cloud Connect for the Enterprise six-month FREE offer. I just don't know what to do next...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

This product is designed for and sold to large enterprises only, so normally your Veeam sales representative should assign you a pre-sales engineer to help you with setup and POC. Thus, I recommend you contact your Veeam sales rep. It would be wise to do this in any case, because Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise has certain eligibility requirements - you don't want to end up in the situation when after the trial you're unable to purchase the product because your company does not meet these requirements.