Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Dreadnought
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jerry Aherne

IFLR from B&R

Post by Dreadnought »

Hi,

I'm trying to perform an IFLR from our B&R server to a VM that was backed up using the Veeam Windows Agent. If i use the file recovery option that is part of the Agent on the VM itself i can recover individual files without any issue.
If i backup this server using the standard backup method (non agent based) i can perform an IFLR to the VM without issue.

What i'm unable to do is perform an IFLR to the VM when its backed up with the Agent, is this by design? are there some additional ports i need to open up? I have opened up the firewall ports between the two to allow all and any traffic but this didnt make any difference.

Credentials have been checked and are correct to allow B&R to access the VM, all the required ports for IFLR are allowed through and we can see these being passed by the firewall so not sure why its constantly saying unable to access VM.

any assistance appreciated.

thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: IFLR from B&R

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Jerry,
What i'm unable to do is perform an IFLR to the VM when its backed up with the Agent, is this by design?
It should work. Can you start FLR from this backup file on an agent side? Can you open this VM's admin share from backup server? Thanks.
Dreadnought
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jerry Aherne

Re: IFLR from B&R

Post by Dreadnought »

Support has taken a look at this and its a DNS issue, B&R doesnt know the name of the remote server.