Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jimmyanderson
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jimmy Anderson

Veeam Office 365/Azure questions

Post by jimmyanderson »

Hi Guys,

We have Veeam 9.5 Update 2 and we got new customer who is running both on premises and in cloud. They have Exchange sharepoint online and they are running few VMs in cloud just to see how it works. My questions are:

1. Is it possible to use local Veeam server to take backup on Exchange server online and how it works. I checked the page and I can see that there is no support for Sharepoint yet.

2. How to take backup on VMs in Azure? Can we use free Veeam agent for Windows? Can we save backup from Azure VMs locally?

3. Can we use Veeam agent for windows free version to take backup on client computers and send them to our veeam server?

I hope that someone can help us with this?

Best Regards,
Jimmy
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Office 365/Azure questions

Post by veremin »

1. Is it possible to use local Veeam server to take backup on Exchange server online and how it works. I checked the page and I can see that there is no support for Sharepoint yet.

Office 365 mailboxes can be backed up via Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. Support for Sharepoint is coming as well (no ETA at the moment, though).
2. How to take backup on VMs in Azure? Can we use free Veeam agent for Windows? Can we save backup from Azure VMs locally?
Correct, you can backup Azure VMs using one of our agent solutions. Such backups can be saved either in Azure or in your production environment, assuming there is a repository server running locally and it can be accessed from Azure VM.
3. Can we use Veeam agent for windows free version to take backup on client computers and send them to our veeam server?
Veeam agents can use backup repository as their target without any issues, if that's what you're asking for.
jimmyanderson
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jimmy Anderson

Post by jimmyanderson »

Hi Eremin,

Thank you for answers, I appreciate it. Can you please tell me if we can use free version of veeam agent for it or we need to choose another one.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yes, with free agent you can do both: backup VMs running in Azure, backup to repository (in this case a paid license must be assigned to a backup server). Thanks.