Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
HenrikS.
Influencer
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Henrik Schewe

RFE - Test Credentials - AAP to use Guest interaction prox

Post by HenrikS. »

Hello,

I encountered something that I think has slipped through QA.

If you are configuring a job to use application-aware processing and have to configure different credentials for different objects, you would like to test if these works or not.
If however you are also leveraging Guest Interaction proxies, then you would like the "Test Now" proceedure to actually leverage theese.
This is not the case with 9.5u1 and the only way to verify that credentials are working and Veeam is able to use aap is to start the backup job.

Best regards,
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: RFE - Test Credentials - AAP to use Guest interaction pr

Post by PTide »

Hi and welcome to the community!

So, basically you're saying that in VBR 9.5 U1 the "Test Now" button uses the same credentials for all VMs in the job instead of using individual credentials for each VM, is that correct? If so then please contact our support team and post your case ID.

Thanks
HenrikS.
Influencer
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Henrik Schewe

Post by HenrikS. »

Hello,

Thank you, long time since I posted something here, and my old account "HenrikS" is mapped to an old email that I'm unable to retrieve anymore.

No, I'm saying that the "Test Now" button does not leverage Guest Interaction Proxies configured for the job. The output also does not state, but I assume it's only using the veeam server itself.

Best regards,
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Could you use you current account and contact support team so they can confirm the described behaviour?

Thank you