Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
slos
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Steven Los

Rotated media feature request

Post by slos »

Would you please considering adding an option to Windows Endpoint where I can take a full back up on X days per month or X days per week?

For a client target media is rotated on a per day basis [M,T,W,R,F,Sa,Su] and the exiting active full options permit me to specify monthly full on X day of X week of the month [this option does not work for the manner in which we are rotating media] or Weekly on selected days [this does not work for me as the closet I could get is to mark this as a full every day].

I am looking to take a monthly full on each of the discs on first M,T,W,R,F,Sa,Su of every month and then use incremental for the remaining days of the month. Then when the new month rolls around the first M,T,W,R,F,Sa,Su would create an active full.

Thanks
VMCE, MCSE
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Rotated media feature request

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Steven,

I am not sure I got the question. We have Active Full option available at VAW 2.0 and Monthly schedule should cover your scenario ( you can specify the monthly backup at the desired day of the week). Are you saying that its not working with rotated media?