Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
jochot
Expert
Liked: 5 times

Backup Very slow (read at 1MB/s)

Post by jochot »

Hey,

First of all: I'm new to veeam, reading into everything right now so I'm not a pro.
I got the environment from an admin who didn't want to work at all, so I think the environment isn't really the best.

My Console tells me, that the Hard disks are read at 1-3MB/s, sometimes kb, sometimes 15MB on a Hyper-V VM for Exchange.
The bottleneck should be the Target. (source 26%, Proxy 1%, Network 0%, Target 99%)
My target is a Scale-Out repository, which consists of 4 Synology NAS (I know it's not a fast storage, but it's not that slow).
If I look onto my NAS's, they are downloading at max 2.6MB/s, they should be able to do much more.

It is all connected via 1GB LAN and the Server is in the same Serverroom as the NAS.
I use on-host proxies for all Machine, also it's reverse incremental.

If anyone has any Idea why this happens, I would be thankful for any help, because reading 4,4TB at 3MB/s is not what I want to do right now :(
If you need any information, just let me know :)
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Re: Backup Very slow (read at 1MB/s)

Post by Technogod »

Reverse incremental will require additional resources. How does CPU and RAM usage look on all Synology NAS during backup jobs?
jochot
Expert
Liked: 5 times

Re: Backup Very slow (read at 1MB/s)

Post by jochot »

Hey Technogod,

I saw that my NAS have 4 cores and 2GB RAM, I updated to 8GB and will see if the backup is faster.
unfortunately I need to wait until the Backupdata is on the new reporitory (copying 16TB), because I couldn't update the ScaleOut NASes.