Management reporting and documentation
StuartW_D
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stuart Wepener

Reclaimable Hosts

Post by StuartW_D »

Hi All,

I am busy reviewing Veeam One and as usual Management will want to see a list of benefits and efficiency. Of course I can always show them the reports that are awesome, but the best language is, how much money could this save?

At the moment I am working with the Optimization reports, to try get a $ value to Idle VM's, Garbage files and Oversized VM's. Were I am stuck at the moment is how can I put that $ Value to oversized VM's? How do I match reclaimable vCPUs to lets say a purchase of a replacement Host? If I clean up x amount of vCPU's, I can save buying x amount of Hosts.

Personally I don't see how that's an accurate comparison. I understand if I drop the values I could see improvements on CPU Wait time for instance and less Memory Balooning. But Actual CPU usage in terms of MHZ/Memory would still be relatively the same on the Hosts? I couldn't suddenly drop a host out of a cluster because its not needed?

Kind Regards,
Stuart Wepener
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Reclaimable Hosts

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Stuart,
It is possible to add cost of vCPU, Memory GB in future versions, we`ll take the request into account.
As for the host reclaiming, there is a report called Host Failure Modelling where you can check if all VMs will work fine without 1 or several hosts of the cluster.
Thanks